This training is aimed at providing a theoretical and practical background knowledge destined for researchers and engineers that are willing to acquire primary expertise in mouse development. The topics will cover dissection of post implant embryos, histology, whole mount Lac Z staining and confocal imaging of whole embryos.
Researchers, engineers, scientists need to have the basic knowledge in animal biology to understand mouse development physiology and the biological technics for phenotyping.
The training is opened to Non-French speaking people.
Mandatory respect quarantine, meaning no contact with any rodents (rodents and exotic pets included) 3 days before accessing the PHENOMIN-ICS animal facilities.
Day 1 :
- Lectures: Mouse embryology
Introduction to Mouse embryonic development
Determining the window of lethality of mutant mice in utero
Phenotyping of mouse embryos -
Collection and fixation of mouse embryos and placentas at E10.5 (mid gestation stage)
Whole mount Lac Z staining of E10.5 embryos (Step1)
Day 2 :
- Lectures : Phenotyping of mouse embryos
- Classical histology (Fixation, embedding, orientation, sectioning and staining),
Immunohistochemistry and in situ hybridization
- Imaging technics (HREM, micro CT, OPT)
- High frequency echography to visualize and quantify embryonic development
- Observation of embryos by echography
- Observation of embryos by micro CT, OPT (potentially)
- Whole mount Lac Z staining of E10.5 embryos (step 2) + Observation
- Collection of mouse embryos at E8.5 (early embryonic stage)
- Collection of mouse fetuses and placentas at E18.5 (just before birth)
Day 3 :
- Lectures: specific technics in mouse embryology
The in-vitro culture of mouse embryos/ drug testing
Confocal macroscopy: application in embryology
Observation of embryos at the confocal macroscope
Visualization of histological sections at different stages of development. Example of abnormalities.
Lectures in the morning and workshop in the afternoon.
This training course is an « action d'adaptation et de développement des compétences » (ref. French law). A certificate of attendance is delivered after the course. An evaluation measures the trainees' satisfaction and the achievement of learning objectives.
Dr.Yann Hérault, PhD
Contact : Olivia Wendling, PhD - email : firstname.lastname@example.org
PHENOMIN - Institut Clinique de la souris. 1 rue Laurent Fries - 67404 ILLKIRCH Cedex, France.
In 2016 :
Reference : SRI17-0440
From November 23th to November 25th
PHENOMIN - Institut Clinique de la Souris
Rue Laurent Fries
67404 ILLKIRCH GRAFFENSTADEN
Lunchs are free of charge.
Maximum number of attendees : 8
Code : 250
Tenez-vous informé des dernières offres d'emploi, actualités et conseils pour booster votre recherche d'emploi
Merci de patienter...